Our firm has proudly advised J.P. Morgan (JPM) in connection with the Greek law aspects of closing a transaction for the acquisition of a 48.5% ownership stake in Viva Wallet S.A. (Viva), a leading European cloud-based payments fintech company and the first “unicorn” in Greek history.
This strategic investment of JPM in Viva is a groundbreaking deal, which reinforces confidence in the Greek economy and Greece’s thriving technology ecosystem. Viva is an innovator in digital payments with omnichannel merchant acquiring capabilities. It holds a banking and an electronic money institution license in Greece and operates local branches in 24 European markets.
Our team was led by our Partner Catherine Karatzas, assisted by our Senior Counsel Nikos Askotiris, our Senior Associate Olga Vinieri and our Associate Iliana Ioannou.
Our team has also included:
– For corporate law and general legal matters: our Partner Vassiliki Salaka, our Senior Associates Vassilis Goulielmos and AIKATERINI TOUMPANOU, our Associates Stavroula Simitzi, Vassiliki Nikolaou, Regina Keramida, Angela Boletsi, Konstantinos G. Bairaktaris, and our Trainee Lawyers Apostolos Latsonas, Mariana Gravani, Thanasis Christou, Eleni-Amalia Giannakopoulou, Georgios Zervakis and Vassiliki Papanastasiou,
– For regulatory matters: our associate Sergios Charalambous,
– For tax law matters: our Partner Georgios Minoudis, our Senior Associate Eleonora Ligoutsikou and our Trainee Lawyer Katerina Stathakarou,
– For employment law matters: our Partner Aggeliki Tsatsi and our Trainee Lawyer Pinelopi Anyfanti,
– For real estate matters: our Senior Associate Alexandros Anagnostopoulos and our Associate Mara Skiada.